At the Stratford Program, Assistive Technology services are primarily provided by the occupational therapist that works with teachers to provide adaptations, devices and services to students who require assistive technology to participate in school. If needed, expertise from the county-wide Assistive Technology team is available to the students and staff at Stratford.
For specific information about assistive technology in Arlington Public Schools, go to their website.
Resources for students, staff and families:
- Priory Woods School & Arts College: This site, from a school in Great Britain, has numerous cause and effect activities and talking books that appeal to teenage and young adult students.
- T/TAC- Virginia Department of Education Training and Technical Assistance Center. We are in Region 4, centered at George Mason University: Through this site you can sign up for a monthly newsletter, borrow items from the T/TAC lending library at GMU, and contact expert resources.
- T/TAC online: A web based resource with information about educational opportunities, online training opportunities, and SOL resources. You can search for information by disability category or type of resource needed.
- Closing the Gap: An organization that provides resources about assistive technology to families and educators through a monthly publication, a yearly conference, and online directory of assistive technologies and vendors.
- Loudon County Public Schools Assistive Technology services: This site has resources to support a variety of resources to support curriculum as well as training and how-to information.
- Fairfax County Public Schools Assistive Technology services: This site has links to curriculum resources and websites.
- Family Center on Technology and Disability
This resource, with support from the federal Department of Education, is rich with information about assistive technology and how it supports students to access their education. There is a data base of resources, lists of organizations, a monthly newsletter,oppoprtunities for online learning, a glossary, fact sheets and more.
- Virginia Department of Education- Assistive Technology This area of the Commonwealth of Virginia website defines assistive technology, links to Virginia’s technology plan and information for school divisions.
- Product vendors with products similar to some of those used by students at Stratford: